SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS
You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor.
Emergency Accommodation Plan — Expressions of interest
The Department of Finance is coordinating the identification of emergency accommodation in response to the COVID-19 crisis within Western Australia.
- Women’s Health Services https://whfs.org.au/2020/03/17/covid-19-update/
For support and information on domestic violence, look at:
- Zonta House – supporting women who have experienced or are at risk of family or domestic violence.
- Your Financial Toolbox – providing personal finance support for women facing domestic violence.
- Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline (08) 9223 1188 or Free call 1800 007 339
- Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline (08) 9223 1199 or Free call 1800 000 599 For confidential information, counselling and support services call 1800 737 732 or visit the 1800RESPECT homepage.
- In an emergency or if someone is in immediate danger, call 000.
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS
Small Business can access support and information from:
- Small business Development Corporation – supports business in Western Australia
Telephone: 133140 Website: https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/
– Free webinars
– Free business advisory services
– Blogs with up to date useful information
– Facebook group called ‘I’m a small business owner in Western Australia’
- Government run website with various information for businesses around Australia: www.Business.gov.au
For tips on how to keep safe while online :
- Subscribe to Stay Smart Online
- Visit government website, firstname.lastname@example.org with up to date information
INFORMATION IN CALD LANGUAGES
Websites providing information in community languages about COVID-19 that may be useful for your clients, colleagues, friends and family are:
- News and information about coronavirus (COVID-19) is available in 63 languages, including a translation of this fact sheet of FAQs
- You can also watch Coronavirus videos explained in 16 languages
Learn more here.
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) has launched its Tax Time 2020 campaign to help people understand how to best prepare and lodge their tax returns.
You can access translated useful information on what can and cannot be claimed for a number of occupations into seven languages:
- Simplified Chinese
For more information, please access the ATO website.