SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS
Emergency Accommodation Plan — Expressions of interest
The Department of Finance is coordinating the identification of emergency accommodation in response to the COVID-19 crisis within Western Australia.
- Women’s Health Services https://whfs.org.au/2020/03/17/covid-19-update/
You can get free independent counselling and advice from a Financial Counsellor.
For support and information on domestic violence, look at:
- Zonta House – supporting women who have experienced or are at risk of family or domestic violence.
- Your Financial Toolbox – providing personal finance support for women facing domestic violence.
- Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline (08) 9223 1188 or Free call 1800 007 339
- Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline (08) 9223 1199 or Free call 1800 000 599 For confidential information, counselling and support services call 1800 737 732 or visit the 1800RESPECT homepage.
- In an emergency or if someone is in immediate danger, call 000.
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESS
Small Business can access support and information from:
- Government run website that provides information, grants, services and support to help your business in Australia succeed: www.business.gov.au
- Small business Development Corporation – supports business in Western Australia
Telephone: 133140 Website: https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/
– Free webinars
– Free business advisory services
– Blogs with up to date useful information
– Facebook group called ‘I’m a small business owner in Western Australia’
For tips on how to keep safe while online :
- Subscribe to Stay Smart Online
- Visit government website, email@example.com with up to date information
INFORMATION IN CALD LANGUAGES
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) offers range of information and services to help people from diverse backgrounds understand tax in Australia. Information is available in English and in other languages.
- Refer ATO’s Tax Time Toolkits which provides with resources for understanding how to best prepare and lodge their tax returns
- Refer ATO’s Other Languages page for information in languages other than English to help people from non-English speaking backgrounds understand tax and superannuation (super) in Australia.
Websites providing information in community languages about COVID-19 that may be useful for your clients, colleagues, friends and family are:
- News and information about coronavirus (COVID-19) is available in 63 languages, including a translation of this fact sheet of FAQs
- You can also watch Coronavirus videos explained in 16 languages
Learn more here.